Year 2010
A new year after graduating from NJC
Waiting for A level results release, and to get into a uni course in Aug.
I went to teach Sec 2 and 3 Chemistry in Nan Hua High School.
Teaching is something I wanna do in my life but not the first job i wanna take up. Teaching is fun. I miss teaching, teasing my students. However, at the same time, I hated the additional workloads that the full time teachers have to do. Its crazy. Other than teaching, marking, setting papers, there are still tonnes of admin stuff to settle. :(
Anyway, so I received my A level results. It was the minimal goal I set for myself. So I was abit disappointed at myself for not being able to reach even higher than this.
A for physics, chemistry and mathematics. B for Econs. C for GP. Merit for H3.
Was worried whether I can get a scholarship. If so, I can lessen the workload at home. My parents wouldnt have to worry so much about me and just need to save up enough money for that brother of mine.
Applied for NUS, NTU and DSTA.
DSTA scholarship went all the way to the last round before I was eliminated. sad. nonetheless, while I was being on their scholarship namelist, I was invited to attend the Singapore Air Show 2010!!! And I got to go on a trading day!!!
Haha, it was stupid cause after that Zeyi got 2tics from his friends to go on public day. Nonetheless, I get to watch 2 times of Air display! (but the trading day one was so much more nicer and more exhibitions were opened)
Back to the topic: So, end up I managed to get a scholarship offering from NUS and NTU. Moreover, NTU one has 3600bucks a year. But I gave up and went to NUS instead.
Reason: my dad. and I tink NUS chemistry degree is more worth it.
Oh, I didnt mention. I'm studying NUS chemistry course.
Also, I learnt driving in this first half of the year and managed to pass with 12points on my first driving test! YIPPEE. hahaha. spent around 1.9K if I never remember wrongly.
Oh ya, I went Redang with a colleague I know while teaching in NHHS. She needed another girl to go along with her with another 2guys. So I get to know another 2guys! LOL and so, off we go and
REDANG WAS FUCKING PRETTY. A must go-back island before I die. The first time I tried snokelling and a free and easy travel with friends. :)
Before entering NUS, I went back to NJC to teach some J2 classes for two weeks as their chemistry teachers went on reservist. Happened to be my junior class. HAHAHA had a good time teasing them. LOL
However, the reliefing at NJC made me realise how different school would have very different teaching culture. Teaching in NHHS is so much more fun and relaxed. :/
Oh well. So. Semester started and I finally entered university, something that my parents always wish for me. Realised that alot of ex-nanhua friends are in this course with me!!! Sihui, Shihui, wanyu... then I got to know Zeren and more uni friends to come!
University Semester 1: All I can remember is that I COMPLETELY NOT USE TO 2HOURS OF LECTURES. siao. so I practically slept through my semester 1. :/ which I regretted... Should have studied harder...
I got into NUSSO as well but I decided to start one semester later because I have 6tuition kids at that time. I must be crazy now to think of it. crazy earning money dunno for what. end up also dunno spend until where. Bad... I must have picked up the bad habit at that time.
So this year would be the 2year of relationship with Zeyi. Was going strong at this time I guess. Quite a supportive boyfriend. He played games as I studied. -.- spending time one a week maybe?
Cant forget this: I got an MP3 from him. I think of it as a gift from him for me entering uni ba. still using that mp3 today.
Then coming to the end of the year, didnt celebrate my birthday, as usual. moreover it was within the examination week.. and so, the end. LOL
Dont think there is any more stuff that happened this year. Shall add on if I remember anything! LOL
Ok, next up 2011!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home